Today’s prompt was about artists. If you read my last post you saw a beautiful painting by Simon Dewey that offers me a great strength and hope.
The artwork I am about to share brings me great courage strength and hope also. I look at it often. It was created just for me when I was going through my trials being diagnosed uterine cancer. That amazing friend Bec you hear so much about created it for me and my support team.
The words: Strength, Love, Courage, Faith, and Hope. Those words mean so much to me these days as I struggle more than ever with anxiety and depression. I truly thought cancer would be one of the most difficult things I faced. Cancer was a breeze to me. I was able to keep a pretty positive attitude through it. Bec, had no idea, how much I would lean on this art and the words the rest of my life. This is my most treasured piece of art.
The last picture I want to show is one from earlier today from my walk to Narnia. As I mentioned I could not find the wisteria, but I found these tiny flowers. They are so pretty. I think it was appropriate that I needed to look for them, it kept me engaged in the now.
I debated whether or not to post the image because I want to hide behind “Hope” but there are dual purposes for sharing. One to share the art that I love so much, and two to let “Little Shanna” have her day that I show our real name. I will continue to go by Hope on the blog. That is what I am comfortable with. But I am giving her a voice for a moment, to say our name is Shanna.
- Daily Prompt: Finding Faith (starvingactivist.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: The Artist’s Eye (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: In Good Faith (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Keeping Faith Close at Hand (itsawonderfulfnlife.com)
- Uterine Cancer Diagnosis (everydayhealth.com)
- U is for Uterine Cancer (myblip.wordpress.com)
- House Call: Uterine Cancer – Signs, Symptoms & Risk Factors (myfox8.com)
- The Journey Begins… (cameronscottwright.wordpress.com)
- Learning About the Stages of Uterine Cancer (everydayhealth.com)
- When Life Throws You Lemons…. (powerofonenancy.wordpress.com)